I have started (and gotten through most of) the process of updating all of the photos that I use to catalogue my horses. The originals were taken with a phone camera under an unnatural yellow light with various mismatched backgrounds like pillow cases and posters. Now, though, I have found the best naturally lit spot in my apartment and I have an actual professional camera. Needless to say, the before and after differences are quite stark! Here's an example of my Fausto resin who got absolutely no justice in the original photo I took of him. Compare it to the new photo that shows the depth of his color, shading, and details very well:
Isn't that crazy? I feel bad that he and other resins of mine were being so badly portrayed for so long. You can barely even see that he has dapples in the original photo, and his color is obviously washed out by the bad lighting and phone camera. Not to mention there is a jump of quite a few megapixels from the phone camera to my new Sony. The original is very low resolution and you can easily see the difference in the fuzziness of the first and crispness of the second. His true color also comes through a lot better under natural light without a massive glare, too.
Most of my models have gotten the update, although a few are still missing. My traditionals haven't been touched at all. Unfortunately, my nicely lit natural spot is not big enough to fit a traditional model so I will have to figure something else out for them. In the mean time, feel free to check out the new and improved views of my resins, CM and OF minis :)
This will be my personal blog I'll use to talk about the going-ons of my hobby experience and who knows what else with rambles.